Equitamp® GOLD™ Sheeting
Hemostat Nasal Dressing- Oxidized, regenerated cellulose
Equitamp® Gold is prepared by oxidizing a suitable form of cellulose, pure viscose. Additional processes are then performed to obtain a pure and high-quality form of oxidized and regenerated cellulose.
Once placed against the tissue, Equitamp is fully resorbed,
independent of the circumstances.
Mode of Application
Equitamp may be in dry form or after immersion in physiological saline. It must be pressed against the hemorrhage site. The gauze may remain in situ (after strict asceptic measures have been taken). The gauze completely decomposes with a week or may be discharged by natural means.
• Open woven structure
• Shelf life 5 years post production
• Fast hemostatic effect (2 to 4 minutes)
• Fully resorbable by means of enzymatic resorption and hydrolysis.
• Resorption time 4-6 days in contact with blood.
• No tissue reaction and no hypersensitivity
• Maximum tensile strength and easy to handle
• Independently proven bactericidal against MRSA, MRSE, VRE and PRSP
Indication – Hemostatic Mechanism
Equitamp is used adjunctively in surgical procedures to assist in the control of capillary, venous, and small hemorrhages when ligation or other conventional methods are impractical or ineffective. With Equitamp, hemostasis is achieved within a few minutes. Equitamp can be cut to size for use in endoscopic procedures.
When Equitamp comes into contract with blood, it will absorb the blood and gradually swell, eventually
dissolving into a gelatinous material. By briefly applying pressure, the material will adhere to the wound,
effectively sealing the ends of the venous capillaries and resulting in mechanical hemostatic effect.
The coagulation cascade is activated, transforming soluble fibrinogen into a net of insoluble fibrin which stops the “bleeding”.
Under normal circumstances, Equitamp is completely bio-absorbable and should be resorbed in 4-6
days. Equitamp should be completely absorbed within 30 days. In addition to its local hemostatic
qualities, Equitamp, has an acidic pH value , pH = 5.5-6.0, and is a proven bactericide, in vitro, against
a wide range of gram positive and gram negative organism, including aerobes and anaerobes. The
gauze is proven not to inactivate thrombin.
After 24 hours, a log 7 reduction of these microorganisms is reported.
• Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
• Methicillin- Resistant Staphylococcus epidermis (MRSE)
• Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci faecium (VRE)
• Penicillin-Resistant Streptococcus Pneumonia (PRSP)